Sunbeds kill.

Following on from the death of Clare Oliver last September, we hear today that the message *still* hasn’t got across to all parts of the world that Sunbeds are lethal!

In Tredegar (South Wales), a 13 year old boy has been badly burned and blistered by using a ‘stand up’ coin-in-the-slot tanning booth. He was in there for 21 minutes despite notices outside saying anyone under 16 found using the machines would be expelled.

While we hope no lasting damage has been done… it’s probably too late. In years to come he’ll almost certainly develop skin cancer. Hopefully by then some way of curing the disease will have been found.

For the rest of us, whether in the UK or in Oz… the secret is *keep out of the sun folks!!*


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s